Crafting is fun for all ages and interests. This blog evolved from researching resources for friends and articles I write as a freelance writer. It is a place to share the information I discovered. Please feel free to leave comments and questions. I am always looking at new projects ideas for family and friends in areas of my own abilities and theirs. As a notice to my readers this blog does contain Amazon links and Google Adsense. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Tuesday, September 22, 2026
16 Inch Baby Doll Swimsuit 2
This is the last of the regular doll swimsuits I need to make for 2026. I'm going to experiment and see if I can adapt the Calico Critter Mom pattern to fit the Sister but I consider the Calico swimsuits to be bonuses to the challenge. They were not on my radar when I started this challenge for the year.
This was made using a no longer available 18 inch doll pattern from Stephanie Dygerty.
I am pleased to say the pink is from a ball of yarn in my this yarn really must go pile and I'm thrilled to say only a small amount is left. I do try to attack the left overs over the course of the donation projects.
Notes: I need a K hook to get this to fit the 16 Inch Baby Doll. I used a g hook for the trim.
Since I wanted to use more pink, I did not change to the contrast color for the brim.
I chain 40 for the swimsuit ties.

What a cute little swimsuit. The hat is just adorable. I love it.
ReplyDelete