Thursday, October 1, 2026

Glitter Girl Spring Petal Dress



It has been a few years since I last made this pattern and I continue to debate about the best fiber for the job. I was waiting on a shipment of Knit Picks once again so I decided I'd try size 3 crochet thread. It worked, but like the baby yarn I tried previously still not the flow I was hoping to find.

You can purchase the pattern for this outfit here.

Notes:

In case I decide to go this route again and as a gauge for thinking about how much Knit Picks Palette I'd need I used a little over one complete container of Aunt Lydia's size 3 warm rose for this project.

Unlike the previous time I made this I was able to use a D hook for the entire project.

I used the two suggested buttons for this outfit. I will sometimes substitute snaps for ease of use so I've been trying to get better at noting which patterns I use snaps and which ones I use buttons. It makes repeating the pattern for a future donation much easier.

1 comment:

  1. How darling! That is a beautiful Valentine (or any time!) dress. You do beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and try to respond back on your blogs.
I am sorry I cannot comment on blogs which require Google + or Facebook to comment. I am not a member and have no plans to join.