Crafting is fun for all ages and interests. This blog evolved from researching resources for friends and articles I write as a freelance writer. It is a place to share the information I discovered. Please feel free to leave comments and questions. I am always looking at new projects ideas for family and friends in areas of my own abilities and theirs. As a notice to my readers this blog does contain Amazon links and Google Adsense. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Friday, August 28, 2026
My Life Swimsuit 2
I've been using Pamela Yarborough's patterns for years and finally decided to invest in her flash drive of patterns for her 18 and 14.5 inch dolls since there were some I'd just not had the chance to buy and the flash drive while an investment gave them to me at the old prices not the current prices. Having some birthday money I made the jump. You can find her flash drive sale options here.
If you are interested in this pattern it can be purchased here.
I'm coming close to finishing the swimsuit challenge for 2026. I only have the Our Generation Doll and the two 16 inch baby dolls to go. I found a free pattern for the Calico Critter female I'm going to experiment with to see if I can get it to fit the Mom or sister. I'm not counting that one as it is iffy on getting it to work.
For future reference I much prefer this swimsuit than the first one I made. The one piece top is a much better project than the two triangles. I found the panties fit better as well. I love the sarong and the hat. I would consider adding the sarong to other swimsuits.
Notes:
I used an H hook for the swim top, bottoms and hat. I used the suggested G for the sandals. One of my projects for the off season is to find a sandal pattern I can use like I use Sweet Silver Creations other shoe patterns. Sandals have less connection with doll feet to keep them on so I've always found them challenging to make and keep them on but it is clear I need to find a pattern that works better for me.
The white is Red Heart I suspect the pink yarn is either Red Heart or Caron Pounder. I've been working on using up left over balls of yarn and this pink was left from previous doll projects.
I don't have much experience with sarongs so I was thrilled that the designer took a picture from the back and front as this helped me to realize I was going in the right direction.
I added 2 additional rows to the hat as it was too small. These rows continued the DC 5 2dc pattern. I continued this DC 5 2DC on the brim.


Your little doll looks lovely in her swimsuit. I can tell she lives a healthy life.
ReplyDeleteAmalia
xo