Crafting is fun for all ages and interests. This blog evolved from researching resources for friends and articles I write as a freelance writer. It is a place to share the information I discovered. Please feel free to leave comments and questions. I am always looking at new projects ideas for family and friends in areas of my own abilities and theirs. As a notice to my readers this blog does contain Amazon links and Google Adsense. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Friday, September 18, 2026
Glitter Girl Mermaid
I've had my eye on this pattern on Ravelry for a while but then it fell off my radar until I went to look for a pattern link and realized I'd never purchased it and if I wanted to include the outfit in this year's donation now would be a good time to buy it. You can purchase the Wellie Wisher pattern here.
The pattern calls for sock yarn but I had a suspicion from a few other mermaid outfits I'd made that I might be able to get the Red Heart Unforgettable yarn to work. I believe this is Gossamer. There is some thought this yarn may be discontinued so I'm trying to stock up and look into a Michael's Loops and Threads substitute.
Notes:
There is no note on the pattern itself but the designer wrote a note on her Ravelry pattern site that one could crochet over an elastic rather than using a tie at the waist of the tail. I chose the elastic as this yarn can fray and the fewer lose ties the better.
I needed a G hook throughout the project.
The length is long likely do to the change in fiber and hook so when I make this again I would make sure I closed it at the bottom of the doll's feet. These fins are formed differently than any others I've made to date and I wasn't ready to alter the pattern until I understood where it was headed.
Having finished it once shortening the rows would not be an issue.
Again it could be the fiber or the hook size but I played a little to get the ties lined up. I also would work more on the lace look of the original top. As a first try it works but I think there is always room for improvement.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Search This Blog
Blog Archive
-
▼
2026
(187)
-
▼
September
(16)
- Calico Critter Mom Swimsuit
- Glitter Girl Mermaid
- Barbie Cinderella
- Lots to Love 8 Inch Baby Doll Spring Petal Dress
- Calico Critter Brother Swim Trunks
- Calico Critter Mom Morning Glory Dress
- 16 Inch Baby Doll Swimsuit
- Our Generation School Uniform
- 16 Inch Baby Doll I Feel Pretty
- Chelsea Sun Dress
- Calico Critter Dad Swim Trunks
- Calico Critter Mom V-Stitch Sundress
- My Life Cat Short Set
- Our Generation Patriotic Swimsuit
- 16 Inch Baby Doll Linmary Dress
- Little Red Riding Hood Wolf Finger Puppet
-
▼
September
(16)

No comments:
Post a Comment