Thursday, September 26, 2013

Patriotic Granny Ripple


I posted about making this afghan, but never got around to posting the finished picture. I made this for my Mom's new house. I liked it enough that I'm working on one in fall colors for my house. I may actually make a Christmas one to use up some Christmas yarn I was given in a swap, too.

This pattern comes from an out of print leaflet I picked up from American School of Needlework, Booklet 14, called Afghan Favorites Grannies and Ripples. I find once I establish the original granny ripple, the pattern is pretty easy to follow.

The fall one I am working on now is helping me use up a stash of fall colors that I have had around way too long. It makes a great stash busting project.

Most of my time I spend making toys. I don't make lots of afghans. Part of my challenge is I love the beauty of the square patterns, but I lack the patience to ensure the squares will fit and to sew them all together. I prefer patterns like this that allow me to crochet in one piece, even if I do have to weave in all the ends when I finish.




4 comments:

RecycleCindy said...

What a lovely patriotic blanket. I just love the ripple look too.

C.Mahan said...

You always make the most amazing things!

Dee | GrammysGrid.com said...

Oh, how pretty! I like it! Thanks so much for linking up with me at A Themed Linkup 62 for All Things American and Patriotic.

Dee | GrammysGrid.com said...

CONGRATS! Your post is FEATURED at A Themed Linkup 63 for Home Décor Printables from my previous linkup for All Things American and Patriotic!

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers