Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Chelsea Summer Play Set



Every so often I find a link to a pattern on a blog or website and while I'm there I look around to see if there is anything else that catches my eye, especially for the doll project. I found a pattern free pattern for a 4 inch Amelia Thimble doll here on a blog when I went to visit to find a baby doll pattern. I thought perhaps this might work for Chelsea Can Be a Builder Doll and put it on my to do list.

Pattern notes:

I made considerable changes to the pattern but I wouldn't have even thought about making the outfit without the starting point of this pattern.

The designer used size 30 cotton thread and a 1.1mm thread crochet hook. I changed to size 10 crochet thread and a 1.8mm hook.

I only used the dress portion of this pattern. I started with the first two rows which created the arm holes and determined I had a wonderful fit for the dress. The designer started the the skirt at row 4 leaving a high waist line. I chose to add 4 more rows to the top bringing the waist line lower as I wasn't adding pants to this project. I joined the top at the end of 8 rows.

I started with the designers V stitch pattern but swtitched to a 2dc ch1 2dc V stitch for row 2. If I make this again I'd begin with the 2dc V stitch as it makes the skirt a bit thicker. I continued with rows until the dress was just below knee length. After finishing the back I used a snap to close the dress.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers