Thursday, September 3, 2026

Our Generation Patriotic Swimsuit



I was looking through the flash drive of patterns I bought from Pamela Yarbororough Designs to find swimsuits I hadn't made previously for the donation and found this one.

I have decided I like this top and bottom best. I'd consider rotating the hat, sarong, and color options from the other patterns but this may be my go to starting pattern for the 18 inch dolls for a bit.

You can purchase the pattern here.

I used an H hook for the top and bottoms and an F hook for the accessories. I finally mastered the ss technique she uses while making the headband. I'd use it for future projects.



I'd consider experimenting with an I hook for the top. This top is joined and needs to slide on and off. It is a bit snug for the Our Generation Doll once you add the ss. An I hook might help make it easier to take on and off. I'd just have to check to make sure it doesn't gape open at the front.



The 18 inch doll swimsuits are done for 2026. I am going to experiment with something for the Calico Critters. No promises it will work. I still need two for the 16 inch Baby Dolls and then I will be done with this category for the year.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers