Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Bunnies Amigurumi Style



I needed an Easter bunny pattern for my Easter baskets this year. My hope was to find a fun bunny pattern to try that the kids would love as much as the stuffed bunnies in the stores. These were a big hit this year.

The bunny pattern in Amigurumi World provided a great foundation for my efforts. I am not a huge fan of felt when working on crochet projects. I have a problem with ripping it while sewing and I hate gluing for fear of it falling off. Therefore, I try to avoid using felt when possible. As a result, I do find myself adapting some of the patterns in this book to avoid the use of felt. In making these bunnies I wanted to create the two colored ears without adding felt. I also wanted facial features that required no use of felt.

To adapt the ear pattern I followed the crochet instructions using a smaller hook for the inside pink of the ear. I made two. I used the suggested hook to make two white outer ears. Then I single crocheted the pink ear to the inside of the white ear as seen in the picture.

I tried making the pink bunny as shown in the book, but I just couldn’t get the same expressions I got with the white yarn bunny face. I had a hard time getting the crochet face to work in the same way the felt worked on the pink bunny in the book. The pink bunny is one of the pictures that did not make the digital cut. If the recipient sends me a photograph I will post it.






These photographs may not be used without my written permission.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers