Monday, April 19, 2010

Stegosaurus Amigurumi



I completed the next step in my dinosaur Christmas project. The pattern for the Stegosaurus, or as he became known as I was working on him Steggi, came from Gourment Crochet's, Amigurumi's Dinosaurs.

When I started this project, I thought the Stegosaurus would prove more challenging than the previous two dinosaurs I had made, the T-Rex and the brontosaurus. Creating the body was a typical project. I think when I make the plates again; I might try a lighter weight sports yarn. The plates were cute, but I think a lighter yarn might provide a more defined look. I can also experiment with hook size to see if that makes a difference as well. I learn a bit as I work through each one of these projects.




I will say as I have shown people the results of my efforts, this is one of the creatures that almost does not escape so I will say people still are finding him attractive.

Please see the Dinosaur and Dragon Page for free knit and crochet patterns.

Pictures may not be used without written permission.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers