Friday, November 11, 2011

Pilgrim Woman Amigurumi


As part of an extra item in a recent color crochet swap, I got a Needlecraft for Today Sept/Oct 1984 magazine. People who follow this blog know I love old crochet magazines and patterns. As I flipped through the many fall toy patterns I could add to my holiday collections, the one that I knew would make it to my list for this year was the Pilgrim set.

This pattern is different from many of the modern ami's because the bottom is left open and closed by a round crochet disc to make a flat bottom that provides a stable means for the woman to stand. I actually like this feature as it provides some stability for the toy that I have to use creative stuffing with for the more rounded modern ami's. This pattern also used a triple crochet stitch to create a nose, which is a technique I have not seen used in many of my modern ami patterns. I liked the way it looks and may try it again in some of my other patterns.

I have finished the body of the 18" doll Pilgrim dress, so I have made significant progress on that leaving me three more doll dresses to complete. I have one Pilgrim to complete and one more to start. The last items should be the Thanksgiving bells. I think I have a shot of completing most of these items in time for the mailing deadline.

If you arrived here looking for free toy patterns please see the following pages:

Dinosaurs and Dragons

Knit and Crochet Food Patterns Great for Play Food

Hello Kitty

Crochet and Knit Puppets

Crochet Amigurumi Animals and Stuffed Animal Free Patterns

Knit Amigurumi and Stuffed Toys

Crochet and Knit Amigurumi and Other Dolls

Knit and Crochet Toys

Teddy Bear Patterns and Clothes

Thanksgiving

Christmas

Valentines

Easter

Graduation

Patriotic

Halloween Page

Pictures may not be used without permission.

1 comment:

Daisy said...

Now that is just adorable. I might be dating myself here but the 80s did not seem like that long ago LOL!!

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers