Thursday, December 18, 2014

Baby Jenna Hat, Pants, Booties, and Sweater


This is my first outfit of the 2015 donation year for the Melissa & Doug Jenna - 12" Baby Doll that will got to Aztec Wishes.

I find this doll the most challenging to get the patterns to fit. While there are lots of retired patterns out there for 12" baby dolls, they seem to have slightly different dimensions. I started out working with TD Creations Erin pattern 7106. That is the best booties pattern I've found and will be coming back to that one later. The pants were a little short between the crotch and the waist, but otherwise fitted well. I had to improvise the shirt using another pattern.

The hat was actually the test hat I made using the mini slouchy hat pattern found here. When made to directions I got a 12" doll hat not an 18" doll hat. It worked for me since I often trade out items if they fit another doll.

I think it is a good start to getting her some clothes for next year's donation. I found to my shame she had far fewer items than the other dolls as I packed up this year. So, I'm going to have to work harder to find items that work.


1 comment:

Quirky Homemaker said...

Well, it might have been challenging but it turned out really cute! Thanks for stopping by my blogs this week~

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers