Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Our Generation Elizabeth Skirt and Summer Jacket


While I repeat many patterns each year for the donation I like the challenge of trying new patterns each year. This is a free pattern set found at ABC Knitting here. Don't let the name confuse you this site has free crochet and knitting patterns. I am not much of a knitter so you can guarantee when I make doll clothes they are crochet.

As you may have come to expect if you read this blog I played with this pattern just a little bit. The pattern called for size 3 thread. I'm not a huge fan of working with crochet thread so I wanted to see if I could make it with baby yarn. It was a bit bulky for the My Life Doll but it fit the Our Generation Doll. I did make the skirt and the jacket longer as they were both short on the Springfield Doll I was using to size the outfit. However, when it was finished it looked a little boxy. I tried in on the Our Generation Doll and I liked the fit better, thus another Our Generation outfit completed for the donation.

Notes for myself: I used Red Heart Comfort Sport and Bernat Baby for this project with a C hook.



2 comments:

Ellibelle said...

You are so skilled! Love this and such great colors too!

Oombawka Design said...

Your doll skirt and jacket turned out beautifully! Thank you for joining and linking up at our Wednesday Link Party :) You are being featured tomorrow at Link Party 350. You can check it out tomorrow at this link: https://oombawkadesigncrochet.com/category/crochet-other/link-parties Best wishes for a lovely week, Rhondda

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers