Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Mother Rabbit Finger Puppet



I mentioned in my post about the Father Rabbit Finger puppet that I wanted to try the next finger puppet using Red Heart Crochet, Thread Size 10 and I'm quite pleased with the change in size. The pattern calls for size 20 crochet thread but I can't see myself working with that size thread in the round. These finger puppets are part of a larger Rabbit Family pattern set you can purchase here.

I had a skein of Aunt Lydia's size 10 Bamboo crochet thread which I understand has been discontinued that I used for Mom's dress. This is much softer thread than I'm used to working with and it made for a unique project. The dress almost felt like cloth which is rare in a crochet project.

I had hoped when I looked up the thread for this post to find it was still available as I think it would be great for projects like this one. I also would think it would be soft for other light weight projects. I suspect the softness might be the reason it was discontinued though as it wouldn't have worked if I'd used it for the head as it couldn't have held the shape of the body. So perhaps for the majority of people using thread it just wasn't practical for their tasks.



Tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day which means I really do need to get a move on with this Easter box. The upside is after Easter I have a summer birthday and then nothing until the fall. This gives me some space to work on the doll donation and spread out the fall projects once I finish the summer birthday. I already have ideas for themes for both birthdays so it is a matter of pulling out the patterns and getting the projects finished.

2 comments:

annies home said...

how super cute... my little one would love it I am sure the intended party you made this for loves it as well.....
come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

Dee | GrammysGrid.com said...

Awe, how sweet! Thanks so much for linking up with me at A Themed Linkup 48 for Crafts and DIY.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers