Monday, June 6, 2022

Glitter Girl Green Christmas



My computer was down for a bit and I got busy doing other things. However, I really do like having my blog to refer to regarding finished projects and ideas for future projects so it seemed like a good idea to get back to it once my computer was up and going again.

I'm sure many of us who do yarn crafts find we inherit yarn from others when they are looking to find homes for it. That was the case with this yarn. I thought it was similiar to Bernat's metallic yarn but it is a lighter weight yarn closer to a 3 than a 4.

I started out with the intent to make Darski's Green Christmas pattern found here for the My Life Doll and I even tried putting two strands together as I have a large bag of the yarn. However, the two strands didn't work and I wondered if I could make it work with a single strand for the Glitter Girl doll.

It took an I hook to get this to fit the Glitter Girl doll. I chose not to add the additional trims as I felt this would overwhelm the smaller doll.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers