Monday, June 13, 2022

Rag Doll Dress with Straps



I mentioned in a previous post that I was trying to work on clothes for the Lots to Love 14 inch Baby doll donation. I started working on Recycled Cindy's free Baby Doll Dress that I frequently use with the larger 16 inch dolls. However, both the 16 inch dolls and the Rag doll have flatter bodies. The Lots to Love doll falls more into the chunky baby doll and sometimes it is actually easier to take a pattern written for the Lots to Love doll and adapt it to fit the flatter dolls than the other way around. I took a chance with this pattern and we know have another item to put in the Rag Doll donation bag.

Recently it looks like her donations have been failed attempts at other projects but there are no real dedicated patterns for this doll so everything is always an adaptation or a item that didn't fit another doll.

You can find the free pattern here.

To make this work for the Rag Doll I used an I hook for the bodice of the outfit with sport yarn. I switched to a no longer available Red Heart comfort sport yarn and an H Hook. As I do with the larger dolls I added rows to the bodice to make it long enough. I considered adding a snap to close the back but in the end sewed the back closed. In the future I'd crochet in the round. I didn't originally because it would have had to have used a snap to get it to fit the rounder baby doll. I used a G hook for the straps and 18 rows. I based the skirt on length I didn't count rows.

1 comment:

Sum of their Stories said...

She looks great in this little dress, it's very cute. Thanks for the link to the pattern.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers