Tuesday, September 27, 2022

16 Inch Baby Doll

At a certain point in the year I start to focus on the deadline for completing the doll donations and I start picking some projects that I know can be completed quickly and thus add to the total number of outfits for the dolls. I still will grab a project of interst but overall my goal is on numbers. You may see patterns repeated in the coming weeks.

This is actually a free pattern for the 18" doll that I've been adapting for the 16" doll for several years. You can find it here.

As I mentioned in a previous post guage has been odd so I started with an I hook until I passed the arm holes and then moved to an H hook and the fit was good. The dress was easy to take on and off. I used a snap at the back to close the dress.

The yarn for this project was one I picked up on impulse a while back as I was looking for options for variegated yarn for doll projects. It was a "house" brand but I don't remember where I bought it. I am determined to finish off these purchases and this seemed like a good place to start.

While there is no pattern for the hat, it is something I keep experimenting with hoping to find a version I like before writing down the pattern there is a free pattern for the doll shoes you can find here. This has been my go to shoe pattern for this doll as they are easy to make and they don't fall of the doll once you put them on as some of the others I've tried have done.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers