Tuesday, May 7, 2024

My Life Sailor Dress



This is my go to shoe pattern and I was pleased to discover when I decided to make the complete outfit the pattern is available for purchase again here. This pattern has a habit of leaving her Etsy page so if it interests you, I'd suggest picking it up before it leaves again.

I'm very fortunate to have acquired several binders of patterns for the 18 inch dolls. Some patterns appear yearly, some less frequently, and some I keep on my some day I will make list. I seem to get a few of those every year or so. This one seems to alternate every few years. I checked my blog history and I last made it in 2021 despite the shoes making frequent appearances for other outfits.

I have gotten better in the last few years about listing more specific notes about making outfits for the dolls which are specific to my needs and make repeating patterns for future doll projects much easier.

Notes:

Dress:

I used Bernat Big Baby Ball Sport White and Red Heart Super Saver Soft Navy. I was pleased to find the Navy as I had looked last year and couldn't find any locally or online.

I started with an H hook for the bodice and switched to a G hook for the skirt. I didn't end for the sleeves so this changed the count for my bodice rows. I made sleeves skipping and joining rather then ending and starting up again. This means playing with row counts but it works. In the past I've said I had to add rows which confused me. The reason the rows are different is I choose a different method for creating the arm holes.

I don't have acrylic sport navy yarn so navy trim for the dress is the Red Heart Super Saver Navy.

Hat:

I used an H hook for the hat with Red Heart Super Saver White and Navy. The sport yarn was too light for the hat although I did try it this time as my notes were not clear the last time why I went to the worsted. The hat was too small with the sport yarn. It also didn't hold the shape as well as the worsted.

Shoes:

I used an H hook for the shoes with the Red Heart Super Saver Navy.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers