Crafting is fun for all ages and interests. This blog evolved from researching resources for friends and articles I write as a freelance writer. It is a place to share the information I discovered. Please feel free to leave comments and questions. I am always looking at new projects ideas for family and friends in areas of my own abilities and theirs. As a notice to my readers this blog does contain Amazon links and Google Adsense. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Wednesday, July 29, 2026
Rabbit in a Carrot
I've been splitting my crochet time between doll clothes and parts of finger puppets and small amis. I've been completing a portion of a finger puppet or ami, storing it in a plasic baggie and then when I'm close to finishing I'll assemble the item. In this case I also had the sleeping bag to make as well.
This is one of Laura Sutcliffe's patterns that can be purchased here.
Notes:
I'm going for small sized items for this donation. When I made this last in 2020 it wasn't as big an issue.
The pattern calls for DK yarn I went with Sinfonia cotton I am trying to use up and replace with Cotton Fair. They each have pros and cons but I have come to prefer the Cotton Fair for my small ami projects. This was a great project to hit my stash of old cotton I refuse to abandon.
I used a size 2mm hook for all items.
In my previous project notes I mentioned that the carrot needed to be wider to make it easier to get the bunny in and out of it for small hands. I increased the width following the pattern to 26 stitches.
I mistakenly read the front directions for the back and increased the length to make it long enough for the bunny but missed the shaping of the top for the carrot. After having finished the piece I was not redoing it but added the trim.
My note to myself on the pattern is to follow the lower directions and make the back piece first as this will determine I've made it wide enough and long enough for my rabbit. Then the front which is the first direction can be made and adjusted to fit the back.
This is going to be part of my Kits for Kids rotation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Search This Blog
Blog Archive
-
▼
2026
(149)
-
▼
July
(22)
- Rabbit in a Carrot
- Calico Critter Dad King
- Rag Doll Nightgown
- Lots to Love 8 Inch Baby Doll Alice in Wonderland
- Lots to Love 10 Inch Baby Doll Moses Basket
- Stacie Swimsuit
- Chick in an Egg Sleeping Bag
- Little Red Riding Hood Grandmother Finger Puppet
- My Life Romper
- Lots to Love 8 Inch Baby Doll Moses Basket
- 16 inch Baby Doll A-Line Dress Part 2
- Ken Swim Trunks
- Chelsea Critter Empire Dress
- Our Generation Purple Dress
- Skipper Poncho and Pants
- 16 Inch Baby Doll A-Line Dress
- Our Generation Boy Pajamas
- Calico Critter Mom Party Dress
- Our Generation Boy Doctor
- Ken Ski Outfit
- 16 Inch Baby Doll Summer Dress 2
- Lots to Love 10 Inch Baby Doll Swimsuit
-
▼
July
(22)


No comments:
Post a Comment