Crafting is fun for all ages and interests. This blog evolved from researching resources for friends and articles I write as a freelance writer. It is a place to share the information I discovered. Please feel free to leave comments and questions. I am always looking at new projects ideas for family and friends in areas of my own abilities and theirs. As a notice to my readers this blog does contain Amazon links and Google Adsense. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Tuesday, July 21, 2026
Little Red Riding Hood Grandmother Finger Puppet
This is the second finger puppet from Evgeniya Yunitskaya's no longer available Little Red Riding Hood Finger Puppet Set.
I've been making the individual pieces between Aztec Wishes projects and then once completed I finally got this one together last Monday night. I hope to start on Red Riding Hood's mother soon.
Notes:
I used Premier Cotton Fair yarn for this project with a 2mm hook.
The original pattern has Grandma in a mustard color dress. I went with lavender because it reminded me of my own long passed grandmas. I couldn't imagine any of them in dark mustard.
I ended up not including the shawl that goes over the back of grandma's head and down her shoulders as I couldn't match the yarn used in the pattern. I tried thread and it was too light and all the lighter lace weight yarns I had were too heavy.
For my own notes for assembly I added the arms before the head. This allowed me to create "shoulders" to rest the head between. In the past it becomes harder to find less intrusive places to attach the arms after I've solidly attached the head.
The Kits for Kids donation isn't due until the Spring but I'd like to get some of these smaller more timely projects complete before Christmas as last year the dash from Christmas to March seemed incredibly short. I have some other play sets that work up a little easier as they aren't quite as small and tight so I'm trying to focus on the finger puppets now and rest my fingers with a few play sets between before the post Christmas rush.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Search This Blog
Blog Archive
-
▼
2026
(142)
-
▼
July
(15)
- Little Red Riding Hood Grandmother Finger Puppet
- My Life Romper
- Lots to Love 8 Inch Baby Doll Moses Basket
- 16 inch Baby Doll A-Line Dress Part 2
- Ken Swim Trunks
- Chelsea Critter Empire Dress
- Our Generation Purple Dress
- Skipper Poncho and Pants
- 16 Inch Baby Doll A-Line Dress
- Our Generation Boy Pajamas
- Calico Critter Mom Party Dress
- Our Generation Boy Doctor
- Ken Ski Outfit
- 16 Inch Baby Doll Summer Dress 2
- Lots to Love 10 Inch Baby Doll Swimsuit
-
▼
July
(15)

No comments:
Post a Comment