Crafting is fun for all ages and interests. This blog evolved from researching resources for friends and articles I write as a freelance writer. It is a place to share the information I discovered. Please feel free to leave comments and questions. I am always looking at new projects ideas for family and friends in areas of my own abilities and theirs. As a notice to my readers this blog does contain Amazon links and Google Adsense. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Monday, July 27, 2026
Lots to Love 8 Inch Baby Doll Alice in Wonderland
I started an experiment last year that I never got to continue for the donation of trying to translate some of Sweet Silver Creation's 5" doll patterns to fit the Lots to Love 8" baby doll. My first attempt actually was a better fit for the Lil Cutesies doll.
It is a bitter sweet attempt this year as the remaining 8 inch baby dolls I do have will be finished off for Operation Shoebox unless I can find a viable substitute for this discontinued doll. I don't have a huge amount of room for these more detailed outfits so I'm likely going to have to see if these outfits will fit the Lil Cutesies doll to use these projects in the future.
You can purchase the original 5" Baby doll pattern here.
Notes:
Having made the sailor dress last year and finding it was too big for the 8" doll I followed my notes to experiment with the Alice dress.
I calcualated making these dresses for the 8" doll during my last purchase of Premier Basix DK yarn. However, I forgot about black for the shoes so I used Hobby Lobby Sport from my stash. The original pattern for the smaller doll uses size 10 thread so this was all based on experiments from the sailor doll.
I had suggested I try an H hook but I found it was too small for the upper part of the dress so the first three rows are made with an I hook and after making the arm holes I switched to an H hook for the remainder of the dress.
Do to the different size of dolls and fiber I believe I only needed 11 rows for the skirt before working row 17.
I was able to follow the directions for the apron as written.
I used an e hook for the Apron sleeves and played a little with the location.
The back and collar were finished as written but I used a snap to close the back.
The headband required an e hook as well. With the heavier yarn the bow required a little bit of play to get it to form.
This is the first set of tights I've made with shoes for this size doll so I added a picture. I did have to play just a little with the joining to make the final stitch count but I found they worked well. Again these are designed for a smaller doll made with lighter fiber but I was pleased with the outcome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Search This Blog
Blog Archive
-
▼
2026
(146)
-
▼
July
(19)
- Lots to Love 8 Inch Baby Doll Alice in Wonderland
- Lots to Love 10 Inch Baby Doll Moses Basket
- Stacie Swimsuit
- Chick in an Egg Sleeping Bag
- Little Red Riding Hood Grandmother Finger Puppet
- My Life Romper
- Lots to Love 8 Inch Baby Doll Moses Basket
- 16 inch Baby Doll A-Line Dress Part 2
- Ken Swim Trunks
- Chelsea Critter Empire Dress
- Our Generation Purple Dress
- Skipper Poncho and Pants
- 16 Inch Baby Doll A-Line Dress
- Our Generation Boy Pajamas
- Calico Critter Mom Party Dress
- Our Generation Boy Doctor
- Ken Ski Outfit
- 16 Inch Baby Doll Summer Dress 2
- Lots to Love 10 Inch Baby Doll Swimsuit
-
▼
July
(19)


No comments:
Post a Comment