Crafting is fun for all ages and interests. This blog evolved from researching resources for friends and articles I write as a freelance writer. It is a place to share the information I discovered. Please feel free to leave comments and questions. I am always looking at new projects ideas for family and friends in areas of my own abilities and theirs. As a notice to my readers this blog does contain Amazon links and Google Adsense. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Tuesday, July 28, 2026
Calico Critter Dad King
I've had this pattern on my list for a while now but I finally got to it last Friday. There wasn't really a reason not to do it, just the timing never seemed to be right.
This is made using one of Dawn Smith's free patterns found here.
I was drawn to this pattern for a couple of reasons beyond a free Calico pattern. First there aren't lots of patterns for the male Critters. Second I must say was the crown. It just was a unique item.
However, once I looked at the pattern I realized the crown wasn't part of the pattern. It's a free pattern so no real complaints but I wasn't giving up on the crown so you will find my own notes for a Calico crown. I'm sure someone can improve but it is a start.
Notes:
I used a 2mm hook and size 10 crochet thread. I believe the yellow is Thread Art and the brown Aunt Lydia's.
The pattern does have a sword belt pattern but many charities have been discouraging weapons and it seemed easier not to add this than to worry about making a sword to add to the project along with figuring out the crown.
I chose the short sleeved option for this outfit and I closed with a snap rather than a button.
Crown:
Chain 30 join
Row 1 sc in each chain and join.
Rows 2-3 sc in each sc stitch.
Row 4 (Chain 3 working down the chain ss in first stitch and sc in last of the chain 3 stitches.
SS in next two chains on crown.)
Repeat ( ) until the end of row and join.
Finish off
Now that I've mastered the crown I think next year I'll change the colors to more royal colors and work on a simple cloak to make the outfit a little more regal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Search This Blog
Blog Archive
-
▼
2026
(149)
-
▼
July
(22)
- Rabbit in a Carrot
- Calico Critter Dad King
- Rag Doll Nightgown
- Lots to Love 8 Inch Baby Doll Alice in Wonderland
- Lots to Love 10 Inch Baby Doll Moses Basket
- Stacie Swimsuit
- Chick in an Egg Sleeping Bag
- Little Red Riding Hood Grandmother Finger Puppet
- My Life Romper
- Lots to Love 8 Inch Baby Doll Moses Basket
- 16 inch Baby Doll A-Line Dress Part 2
- Ken Swim Trunks
- Chelsea Critter Empire Dress
- Our Generation Purple Dress
- Skipper Poncho and Pants
- 16 Inch Baby Doll A-Line Dress
- Our Generation Boy Pajamas
- Calico Critter Mom Party Dress
- Our Generation Boy Doctor
- Ken Ski Outfit
- 16 Inch Baby Doll Summer Dress 2
- Lots to Love 10 Inch Baby Doll Swimsuit
-
▼
July
(22)

No comments:
Post a Comment