Thursday, July 23, 2026

Stacie Swimsuit



I'm making some real progress with my yearly challenges. I have one more nightgown to make for the Rag doll and those will be complete for the 2026 donation year. I have a considerable number of swimsuits to finish as I pushed through the nightgowns at one point neglecting to alternate with swimsuits.

This is one of Char Caywood's Chelsea patterns that can be purchased here that I've adapted to use for Stacie.

Notes:

I use size 10 crochet thread and a 1.25mm thread hook to get this to fit Stacie.

I need to repeat rows 4 and 5 twice in the front panel before starting row six to get the length required for this outfit. I have previously only repeated it once but the top felt low to me and I decided to go an extra set and I liked it better.

I chain 40 for the ties. It is always a too short too long thing for me with ties but this seems to be the happy medium for me.

The main color is Herrschners Best Crochet Thread size 10 Dusty Pink. The last few years I've been exploring different brands to get more color options for my doll projects. This is a softer thread but I've had good luck with it for my doll clothes. The contrast is from the sample sized box of size 10 I bought from Hobby Lobby for these types of projects.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers