Crafting is fun for all ages and interests. This blog evolved from researching resources for friends and articles I write as a freelance writer. It is a place to share the information I discovered. Please feel free to leave comments and questions. I am always looking at new projects ideas for family and friends in areas of my own abilities and theirs. As a notice to my readers this blog does contain Amazon links and Google Adsense. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Wednesday, September 23, 2026
Ken Pilgrim
This is an old free Ken pattern that can be found here. I used the boots from Annie's Fashion Doll Crochet Club's Old World Santa and Mrs. Claus FC43-01 but I'd go back to the original shoes and socks version next year.
I wanted to play with this outfit as the original was hard to get on and off. Some changes worked not as much and still others need some thinking.
Notes:
I used an e hook for everything but the hat.
I used worsted weight grey and black for this project likely Red Heart Super Saver. The white was Bernat Baby. The grey finished off a left over ball which is always a proud moment in my doll project.
The original project joins the jacket making it challenging to get on and off. I changed the coat to be closed in the front with snaps and this adjusted how the collar was made. I'd add a belt to this outfit next time like the one the Our Generation Boy has for his Pilgrim suit.
The pants start with an elastic waist and therefore could be made with a lighter weight yarn. They look and feel heavy with the worsted. I'd think of using a lighter weight next time and adjusting stitch count to match the fiber.
I wanted to try Santa's boots but I'd go back to the old pattern for the shoes and stockings.
Still playing with the hat as the brim is wider than I wanted but the width of the opening had to be wider for this Ken's head to fit. A work in progress.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Search This Blog
Blog Archive
-
▼
2026
(197)
-
▼
September
(24)
- Lots to Love 10 Inch Baby Doll Dress, Kncikers, Ha...
- Calico Critter Sister Swimsuit
- Calico Critter Sister Party Dress
- My Life Cinderella
- Lil Cutesies Drop Waist Dress
- Ken Pilgrim
- 16 Inch Baby Doll Swimsuit 2
- Calico Critter Sister Shell Dress
- Calico Critter Mom Swimsuit
- Glitter Girl Mermaid
- Barbie Cinderella
- Lots to Love 8 Inch Baby Doll Spring Petal Dress
- Calico Critter Brother Swim Trunks
- Calico Critter Mom Morning Glory Dress
- 16 Inch Baby Doll Swimsuit
- Our Generation School Uniform
- 16 Inch Baby Doll I Feel Pretty
- Chelsea Sun Dress
- Calico Critter Dad Swim Trunks
- Calico Critter Mom V-Stitch Sundress
- My Life Cat Short Set
- Our Generation Patriotic Swimsuit
- 16 Inch Baby Doll Linmary Dress
- Little Red Riding Hood Wolf Finger Puppet
-
▼
September
(24)

No comments:
Post a Comment