Thursday, October 21, 2010

Crochet Horse: The Last Farm Almost Complete



This was the last of the two farm animals remaining and I will say I am impressed with the ability I have shown in sticking to finishing projects. Even when I have wanted to go off and try new things, not repeat old patterns to make presents I need for upcoming birthdays and Christmas, I have managed to finish these gifts.

I love this pattern set which is an Old Annie’s Attic Pattern Club pattern, 87B54 printed in 1984. I have been blogging about my adventures with this pattern since April. When I finished the first one, I decided to do a second for another family member. I have learned a great deal since the first attempt.





One thing that I am hoping that will help is I purchased a tool that is supposed to help make tassels. My experience so making tail tassels for the animals has not been wonderful and I have ended up just sewing them. Perhaps if I can master the tassel maker I can have nicer tails for the creatures.

In order to make the project more interesting, I decided on a white horse instead of the brown this time. I wanted black, but only having black safety eyes, that did not seem like a viable option and I hate sewing eyes. I still have to find a source for colored eyes. I found one, but they do not sell small colored eyes, just the larger sized ones.

If you arrived here looking for free toy patterns please see the following pages:

Crochet and Knit Puppets

Crochet Amigurumi Animals and Stuffed Animal Free Patterns

Knit Amigurumi and Stuffed Toys

Crochet and Knit Amigurumi and Other Dolls

Knit and Crochet Toys

Dinosaurs and Dragons

Hello Kitty

Teddy Bear Patterns and Clothes

Knit and Crochet Food Patterns Great for Play Food


Pictures may not be used without permission.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers