Monday, October 25, 2010

Hello Kitty Pilgrim




The Hello Kitty Witch was a big hit so it was only logical that I would need to try to make a Hello Kitty Pilgrim. The Witch had an advantage, a free pattern. I have yet to find a Hello Kitty Pilgrim pattern and for those hoping this will enlighten you I am sorry, this is likely a one of a kind attempt on my part. I will explain how it happened and someone else may actually be able to come up with a saner path to create it.




I used Armina Ami-Nal's Hello Kitty Witch Patternfor the basic Hello Kitty pattern. I have found her patterns to be easy to follow and like the results. That gave me the Kitty Pilgrim grey body and white head. I used the Barbie Pilgrim pattern from Shady Lane's Timeless Fashion Doll Wardrobe, Vol. 1, #495 to create a basis for the cape and apron. I chose grey for the cape and hood because white on white does not look great. The original Barbie pattern has a white apron and a white cape. Obviously, Barbie and Hello Kitty do not share the same body shape. However, I was able to use the same basic idea to create an apron and a cape that covered her head. The Witch pattern has a cape but no hood, so I needed a different model.

As I continued with my project, I realized my cape hood was more like a shawl used as a hood than a traditional bonnet covering, but with the width of Hello Kitty's head, it worked for my purposes. I was pleased with this project.

On another note as someone who is not does not enjoy the sewing and lacks the fine detail skills I was thrilled to discover Suncatchers makes Hello Kitty yellow safety noses. I have not yet ordered any, but these are on my list to get as I continue to work on the Hello Kitty projects.

If you arrived here looking for free toy patterns please see the following pages:

Hello Kitty

Crochet and Knit Puppets

Crochet Amigurumi Animals and Stuffed Animal Free Patterns

Knit Amigurumi and Stuffed Toys

Crochet and Knit Amigurumi and Other Dolls

Knit and Crochet Toys

Dinosaurs and Dragons

Teddy Bear Patterns and Clothes

Knit and Crochet Food Patterns Great for Play Food


Pictures may not be used without permission.



No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers