Monday, August 3, 2026

My Life Playtime Garden Outfit



I've been using patterns from Adoring doll clothes since she begin as a blogger. However she has changed the name of her business to Pamela Yarborough Designs so you will find her patterns now listed under that business name. You can purchase this pattern here.

I've noticed I'm rotating through patterns I haven't made in a while. This last appeared for the 2021 donation and I'd like to see it more often. It's a quick, cute make.

I used three different brands of yarn for this project. The yellow is Red Heart Super Saver. The green was Bernat Super Value and the off white is a lighter weight of unknown orign that I wanted to use up.

I generally love Bernat's super value but don't buy it often because it is pricey for doll clothes. I picked up some on sale and it faded into my stash. This skein exploded when I did a center pull into a maze that I'm still untangling. I did get enough rolled that I cut it to finish off the dress.

Notes:

I used an I hook for the shirt and dress. I finished the back and top stitches with a g hook to make button hole.

The hat was made with the suggested hook and the lighter off white yarn. I needed to add rows before decreasing and then adding the brim to make it wide enough as it was not worsted weight yarn. I'd use this yarn again for the hat as it was a better fit than the previous hat I made for this project with worsted.

The shoes were made with an H hook. I used sunflower buttons for this project previously and I had wanted to try something closer to the pattern. I may go back to the sunflowers for a future project.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers