Thursday, August 27, 2026

Lots to Love 14 Inch Baby Doll Capri Set



I've got an extensive collection of Amy Carrico's baby doll patterns that I've collected over the years. I loved the feeted outfits she makes and she has some of the only shoe patterns that seem to stay on the baby dolls.

I stumbled upon this one which is available for purchase on Ravelry here while finding a purchase link for another pattern. Every so often I find a pattern that I don't have of hers and this was one.

I'm always looking for something different for the Lots to Love 14 Inch Baby doll as many of my patterns are variations on a theme. The sweater and the hat reminded me of infant sets my Mom used to make years ago. Different techniques as hers were knitted but similiar style.

Notes:

I used the suggested e hook for all of the items. The pink I believe is a Herrschner's Baby sport yarn and the white is Baby Bernat Sport.

For my own notes I tried adding some cute buttons but I'd need larger button holes thus the smaller than normal buttons from my stash.

The hat fit as written without any challenges.

Other than perhaps making larger button holes the sweater also worked as written.

The T-strap on the shoe was a litle fudgey. I might leave this off next time. There is a picture of the shoes without the additional T.

The pants for some reason were the challenge. I tried going up hook size, adding stitches and nothing was working until I decided to add elastic and go back to my fall back style of pants. I crocheted over the elastic and then split with a chain 3 at the crotch for the legs. I reduced stitches to make the upper section and then the legs a more reasonable width as covering the elastic can create more stitches when you use a thinner yarn.

Part of the challenge for this doll is the velcro diaper and this brand of yarn. When the pants were too tight the yarn attached to the velcro. The elastic waist allowed me to get the pants on and off without challenge. I try where possible to make these outfits little hands friendly.

I really like the sweater and could see using it with other patterns. It works up quickly and is a nice addition to the donation. This hat fits suprisingly well. I sometimes find the hats are my Goldilocks problem too big or too small. These shoes are a variation on her standard shoes and other than the t-strap they are my favorite for this doll.



No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers