Crafting is fun for all ages and interests. This blog evolved from researching resources for friends and articles I write as a freelance writer. It is a place to share the information I discovered. Please feel free to leave comments and questions. I am always looking at new projects ideas for family and friends in areas of my own abilities and theirs. As a notice to my readers this blog does contain Amazon links and Google Adsense. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Monday, August 17, 2026
My Life Kinley Casual Pant Set
I've made an effort to print patterns that got purchased and for various reasons never got printed so I don't end up buying them again. I almost thought about buying this one before finding it in had been purchased and printing it out.
You can purchase the pattern here.
I honestly thought the challenge for this pattern was going to be the pants. I find stripes for smaller projects like doll clothing or ami's can be challenging as the stripes need to stay even. These worked up really well and I got a little over confident going into the cardigan, thus the reminder pictures for future projects down below.
Notes:
I used an I hook for everything but the shoes and the necklace. I'd consider an H for the cardigan next time if it would work as the holes are large with an I but not sure how the fit would be. The necklace was made with the suggested f hook and the shoes with an H hook.
Shirt:
I rather like this shirt and followed the directions other than hook size as written. My only thought for future projects is I might add a few rows before bottom trim. I found it rode up a bit. Since I wasn't sure how the whole outfit went together as I was making it I went as written. I consider a couple of rows to make it longer for the next project.
Pants:
The pants worked as written. My only reminder to self is to watch the row count and to start row counter for second leg at 12 as first row for leg 2 is 13.
Shoes:
These are cute summer shoes but I'm not sure for my purposes I'd make these again. They were more challenging to make and sadly they don't stay on as well as most of the other shoes I make. I see these getting lost quickly.
Necklace:
I ended up with a button from my collection after failing tassling making a few times. I like the button look and I had to make the necklace longer to be able to take it on and off the doll. This made the button even more practical.
This brings me to the cardigan.
I have no idea why this was so hard for my brain to understand but I don't trust that if I come back to this in a year or more I will remember so I took some pictures.
The basic back was pretty straight forward but for the life of me I could not understand how the arms and sides panels were formed. Without giving the pattern away but reminding myself follow the directions as written they are correct. There are side seems and gaps for arm holes involved.
I did adapt the pattern to make longer sleeves. I did three rows of dc chain one around the arm holes before adding the sc trim.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Search This Blog
Blog Archive
-
▼
2026
(161)
-
▼
August
(11)
- My Life Kinley Casual Pant Set
- Skipper Ski Outfit
- Lil Cutesies Overalls
- Our Generation Boy Swim Trunks
- Our Generation Red Flower Dress
- Camping Pocket Pal
- Barbie Ski Outfit
- Our Generation Boy Minion Inspired Outfit
- Little Red Riding Hood Mother Finger Puppet
- Lots to Love 14 Inch Baby Doll Baylees Bikini
- My Life Playtime Garden Outfit
-
▼
August
(11)




No comments:
Post a Comment