Crafting is fun for all ages and interests. This blog evolved from researching resources for friends and articles I write as a freelance writer. It is a place to share the information I discovered. Please feel free to leave comments and questions. I am always looking at new projects ideas for family and friends in areas of my own abilities and theirs. As a notice to my readers this blog does contain Amazon links and Google Adsense. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Wednesday, August 5, 2026
Little Red Riding Hood Mother Finger Puppet
I'm continuing to work my way through Evgeniya Yunitskaya's no longer available Red Riding Hood Finger puppets. Having finished Mom the body of the Hunter is already complete. I'm working on him and another ami project in between some doll clothes for Aztec wishes.
These projects take longer because I make them in pieces. I originally kept them in baggies but during the back to school sales DH found me a plastic pencil box which is perfect for all those small pieces that seem to wander off and get lost. The box is much harder to lose than the small plastic sandwich bags that slip between the seat cushions.
Notes:
I used Premier Cotton Fair yarn for this project with a 2mm hook.
I liked the skin tones and dress colors but I would look for different hair color for this doll. It needs a lighter brown.
Regarding the hair row 8 establishes the bangs and long hair in the back by only crocheting on the 19 dc stitches according to the pattern. I would add rows to this to make the hair longer as mine was shorter than the picture.
There are two more patterns in this set the Hunter and of course the Wolf that I hope to complete soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment