Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Our Generation Red Flower Dress Crochet Pattern



This has been the year to use neglected patterns. This is another one of Pamela Yarborough's patterns that can be purchased here. It's been in my binder of her patterns for a bit but I've never made it. I do think rotating the dolls weekly has opened more options than working on one doll for a period of time before moving on to another as something usually arises and shortens the time for one doll to be dressed. This way the rotation continues around time reductions.

Notes:

The yarn for this project is Red Heart. The red is Cherry and I'd like to see at some point if I could locate a brighter red. I thought that was Cherry but this is darker than I anticipated.

Dress:

I used an I hook for the dress.

After row 1, I sc in back stitch to allow myself to play with red trim that is added at end. What I forgot is it needs to be added now not at end to make this technique work. I've added a note to my pattern and here as a reminder for the next time I approach the project. I am not a fan of surface stitch and this is one way to avoid it if I do it correctly.

The flowers for the dress and headband were made with the suggested 3.0mm hook. I found they were smaller than I liked. I'd try them with either an E or F hook next time.

I found the length was fine as is with no additional length rows.

Shoes:

The Our Generation Doll was fine with a G hook and the directions as written.

Headband:

I used a G hook for the headband. I had to add rows to fit it around the Our Generation head. I wouldn't increase the hook size as the width would be too wide.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers