As with Barbie and Ken this ski pattern comes from the out of print House of White Birches leaflet Crochet Wardrobe for 11 1/2 inch Fashion Dolls.
With minimal adaptations, Barbie's outfit fits Skipper pretty well.
Notes:
I follow Barbie's pattern for Skipper which for my own notes starts on page 32 and skips to left column of 47.
This requires a 2.5mm hook for everthing but the hat which like the other two requires an E hook. Knit Picks's Palette is my go to yarn for all three ski outfits.
Barbie's pants pattern is too small for Barbie but fits well for Skipper as long as I keep the total rows to 18.
I finish the arm and leg holes with ss as this helps with the hands and feet catching on the yarn.
I would consider making the arms slightly larger around the elbow bend as Skipper's bend is sharper than Barbie's and it makes getting the sweater on and off a bit more challenging.
Crafting is fun for all ages and interests. This blog evolved from researching resources for friends and articles I write as a freelance writer. It is a place to share the information I discovered. Please feel free to leave comments and questions. I am always looking at new projects ideas for family and friends in areas of my own abilities and theirs. As a notice to my readers this blog does contain Amazon links and Google Adsense. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Friday, August 14, 2026
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Search This Blog
Blog Archive
-
▼
2026
(160)
-
▼
August
(10)
- Skipper Ski Outfit
- Lil Cutesies Overalls
- Our Generation Boy Swim Trunks
- Our Generation Red Flower Dress
- Camping Pocket Pal
- Barbie Ski Outfit
- Our Generation Boy Minion Inspired Outfit
- Little Red Riding Hood Mother Finger Puppet
- Lots to Love 14 Inch Baby Doll Baylees Bikini
- My Life Playtime Garden Outfit
-
▼
August
(10)

No comments:
Post a Comment