Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Teddy Bear Baby Blanket



I made this for a little boy for Christmas. The pattern is from B Is for Baby (Annie's Attic: Crochet). I thought it was a nice transition blanket. It is a combination stuffed animal and toy. It has the comfort of a blanket, but is shorter and more compact for travel. It has the cuteness of a stuffed animal, but the ease of throwing in the wash when dirty. Since I had never tried anything like this before I followed the pattern colors. I think for future purposes, I would avoid white. While I love the way it looked when finished, it is not practical for my intended purposes. I have a frog blanket that I want to try for either Valentine's or Easter which is all green that will likely be more practical.

I love these small projects that keep teaching me new skills and challenging me to learn how to do something new with my crocheting. I pulled this blanket out several times before I managed to get it to work. The pattern was not complicated, just different from what I was expecting and this was good. It was a chance to stretch myself and because it was a small project, I was still able to finish in a reasonable time period.

If you arrived her looking for free baby blanket patterns please check out:


Baby Blanket Page

Pictures may not be used without written permission.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers