Monday, February 7, 2011

Ana Paula Rimoli Patterns in Crochet Today


Anyone who reads this blog knows I am a huge fan of Ana Paula Rimoli. One of my first crochet pattern books was Amigurumi World: Seriously Cute Crochet. Last year's Easter projects were based on her small bunnies and chicks. I quickly followed with a purchase of Amigurumi Two!: Crocheted Toys for Me and You and Baby Too. I made several birthday presents, including the candle from the cake for my FIL. I hinted strongly to my husband that a great item for my Easter basket this year would her yet unreleased book, Amigurumi Toy Box: Cute Crocheted Friends. My loyalty to her published work is pretty strong.

So you can imagine my pleasure when I opened my copy of Crochet Today March/April 2011 to discover that she has two patterns featured in the issue. There is a Alice in Wonderland theme and her contributions are a amigurumi version of the White Rabbit and a Drink Me Tea Set. There is a child's dress, a baby afghan, and croquet balls designed by other contributors to round out the theme.

I have several tea set patterns, but I like the coffee cup style of these teacups. If you have seen Ms. Rimoli's cups before you will likely recognize them. The pot is taller than most of my patterns which have the traditional stout teapot. I am not sure I will be making the hot pink set, but it would stand out in a crowded playroom.

When I saw the picture of the bunny, I recognized the designer and only had my suspicions confirmed by reading the designer's name. The bunny looks like one of Ms. Rimoli's creations. The outfit is what made this a pattern I must make. I have a young relative that is fond of the Alice story. In fact, I have been looking at a complete pattern set to purchase. However, that bunny is not dressed. They say clothes make the man. Well in this case the outfit makes the bunny. From what I have read of the pattern so far, the outfit is designed in a similar fashion to a cape that drapes front and back. The pattern even includes the rabbit's watch. This may be a Christmas item before I have time to complete him. However, I am determined to get him on my list of items to finish.

If you arrived here looking for free toy patterns please see the following pages:

Hello Kitty

Crochet and Knit Puppets

Crochet Amigurumi Animals and Stuffed Animal Free Patterns

Knit Amigurumi and Stuffed Toys

Crochet and Knit Amigurumi and Other Dolls

Knit and Crochet Toys

Dinosaurs and Dragons

Teddy Bear Patterns and Clothes

Knit and Crochet Food Patterns Great for Play Food

Valentines

Easter

Graduation

Patriotic

Halloween Page

Thanksgiving

Christmas

Pictures may not be used without permission.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember when I said that I'd love a Legend of Zelda one?
Changed my mind! I totally squeaked out loud over these. SO adorable!

Sheltie Times said...

These are some of the easiest. I made these last Easter for several family members using the pattern in the first book listed. The hats really add something to them. I had people I never expected would like "toys" asking me for one.

Angie - The Work at Home Wife said...

Those are the cutest things ever!

Daisy said...

Seriously cute is right! Nice job!

N said...

Those are adorable!! Makes me wish I was a kid again.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers