Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Little Red Riding Hood Finger Puppets


I love when I can make crochet presents that encourage literacy. Finger puppets make great book/puppet sets. Kids read or have the story read to them and then they can enjoy acting out the story while it is read or retelling the story later.

This Handmade Kitty pattern was a present from my husband and now the finished products will be heading off for a December birthday. Trina Schart Hyman's version of Little Red Riding Hood seemed like a great partner for my project. I love her classic illustrations.



I have several projects that I am working on all at the same time. I have finished a reindeer that I will post soon. I have another one of Handmade Kitty's finger puppet stories, The Three Little Pigs started. I have finished one pig and the mud house. I am thinking this will likely go in the Easter box. I am working on an old Annie's Attic pattern for the Old Woman Who Lived in the Shoe. I think this one will make the Christmas cut off. I have almost completed a polar bear that is in the same pattern set with the reindeer. I will have to see how things progress. Since the projects all need to be mailed, finishing early is required.

If you arrived here looking for free holiday or toy patterns please see the following pages:

Dinosaurs and Dragons

Knit and Crochet Food Patterns Great for Play Food

Hello Kitty

Crochet and Knit Puppets

Crochet Amigurumi Animals and Stuffed Animal Free Patterns

Knit Amigurumi and Stuffed Toys

Crochet and Knit Amigurumi and Other Dolls

Knit and Crochet Toys

Teddy Bear Patterns and Clothes

Halloween Page

Thanksgiving

Christmas

Valentines

Easter

Graduation

Patriotic

Pictures may not be used without permission.



1 comment:

C.Mahan said...

These are so cute. I bet all the kids just love your donations.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers