Thursday, May 9, 2013

Jungle Play Mat



I love belonging to online crochet groups because they provide great support and leads. Recently a woman posted a request for help in finding a free pattern for a jungle set offered by Joann. I was intrigued, as I love toy sets. Someone kindly posted the link and I downloaded the pattern. I found the pattern here.

I altered the pattern slightly. I wanted a larger road so I changed the road. I love this pattern because it could easily be adapted to other themes. The first link includes the free pattern for the mat, huts, trees, rowboat, and a jeep. You have to go further into the site to find the animals. Some of the animals are knitted and some crocheted. I have been adding to the animals using some free patterns and using A Zoo For You (Leisure Arts #5152) that I bought a while back and had not had the chance to use.

I will be posting more pictures of the project. I have most of it completed. I am currently working on the hut. I still have to make the trees and hopefully a few more animals. This present is for a June birthday so I still have time. Then I have to get serious about my Christmas donations so I will have time to make my Halloween box projects.

If you arrived here looking for free patterns you may be interested in the following blog pages:

Dinosaurs and Dragons

Knit and Crochet Food Patterns Great for Play Food

Hello Kitty

Crochet and Knit Puppets

Crochet Amigurumi Animals and Stuffed Animal Free Patterns

Knit Amigurumi and Stuffed Toys

Crochet and Knit Amigurumi and Other Dolls

Knit and Crochet Toys

Teddy Bear Patterns and Clothes

Halloween Page

Thanksgiving

Christmas

Valentines

Easter

Graduation

Patriotic

Pictures may not be used without permission.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering how to use the mat. I appreciate you putting the link to the idea in the blog so I could see how you'd use it. I'm a big nature fan, so I love the water design in it.

C.Mahan said...

This is too cute and would be great for older kids and their Lego sets!

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers