Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Raccoon Potholder


I took a break from my holiday boxes to put together a potholder from Annie's Crochet Showcase of Needlecraft Potholder Potpourri. I love this old collection of Potholders and it has provided a great deal of inspiration for Crochetville's wishlist this year. The original was made in browns, but I wanted to find grey kitchen cotton for my project. It was a bit challenging finding shades of grey, but but I was pleased to find light and darker grey available if I was willing to order online. I did find some lighter grey available locally.

The original pattern used plastic safety eyes, I decided to crochet mine as I didn't want them to be a hazard in the kitchen. I also had to rework the nose section as the designer and I clearly weren't communicating and after 2 attempts of following the pattern I decided it was time to work on something that would work for me. I'm not sure when this will be heading off to its new home as I am not quite sure if it needs something else and I am focused on getting my Easter project out the door.


2 comments:

NanaHood said...

Love that! What a great gift idea for teachers or anyone really. I am not crafty but I enjoy people who are.

Teresa
NanaHood.com

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

It is adorable - I like it in gray vs brown. I love you can just rework the design - not me unfortunately.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers