Wednesday, February 24, 2021

My Life Heart Shirt and Rib Effect Skirt



Sometimes projects just don't come together like you think they will. I made this skirt a few years back at the end of a donation cycle and not having time to make a top for it put it aside thinking I'd make s top for it for the next year's donation. It got folded in with an unfinished project and it never made it to the donation, until now. I came across it while looking for something else just after I'd frogged the thread skirt I was making to go with this heart shirt. The two seemed a good fit so here we are with another outfit made.

You can find the free pattern for the Ribbed effect Skirt here. The Heart Sweater is part of a Tee Shirt and Skirt pattern you can purchase here. If you are wondering why I was making a separate skirt when the pattern comes with one I actually started with a thread skirt pattern and was looking for a top to use with it. I wasn't happy with the skirt and opted to frog it and decide if I want to try it again at a later date. That left me with a finished top in need of a skirt. Thankfully, problem solved.

Notes:

Pattern calls for a G hook and I used an H hook I'd consider an I next year. It just felt snug and it wouldn't come close to fitting the Our Generation doll when I tried it on and I started this project thinking this would be the first item I made for the Our Generation doll this year. One of the benefits of different dolls is that it always seems to fit one. I'll have to work on something different for the Our Generation doll.

1 comment:

Jayne said...

Lovely to hear that you managed to put the outfit together eventually. It looks super cute. :)

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers