Friday, April 2, 2021

Brother Rabbit Finger Puppet





With Brother Rabbit we come to the end of the Rabbit Finger Puppet project. You can purchase the pattern for this project here.

This project took me longer than I anticipated when I started it. In fact until I picked up the pattern to start it I hadn't realized it was a thread pattern. I had wrongly thought it was sport weight cotton when I had requested it as a gift. That being said I'm glad I took up the challenge because it has renewed an interest in working in thread and I really like the detail that came out in these rabbits.

In my quest to keep using thread I had on hand brother had green overalls instead of the suggested blue. I rather liked the color change. I didn't mention this in the sister post but I changed the bib portion of the pattern to make it easier for me. Instead of making the bib and sewing it on, I crocheted the bib directly on to the outfit. I tried the suggested method first but I found I ended up with better shaped bibs when I crocheted directly to the outfit.

No holiday boxes until Halloween. However, I have summer and fall birthday boxes to prepare. This is also a great time to get the doll donation projects underway.



1 comment:

Shami Immanuel said...

Finger puppets are cute.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers