Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Chelsea Shorts and Shirt



I pulled some of the quicker Barbie family patterns to make from my binders thinking it would be best to add the various Barbie dolls to the rotation for fear of making it to November only to find the dolls had no clothes. This pattern is actually based on a free dress pattern from Rebeckah's Treasures found here.

I've adapted this dress pattern a couple of times and I'm hoping to get a few more outfits from it this year again. However I did orginally intend to make a dress with the green but as I was finishing the top section something just said summer short outfit and I stopped and went with it. The bottom of the shirt is finished in reverse sc stitches.

Notes:

I used a 1.8mm hook for this pattern.

I joined the top without the suggested overlapping to fit the version of Chelsea doll I'm working with for this project.

The shorts started with a chain 27 and join. I then sc in rows adding some increases to make the future legs a bit wider until I reached the crotch and split evenly with a chain for for the short legs. I started rows on one leg until I got the desired length fininshing with a slip stitch hem. I matched the second side to the first.

2 comments:

Dee | GrammysGrid.com said...

Oh, WOW! Isn't the Chelsea doll tiny? Was it hard to do? Looks cute! Thanks so much for linking up at the #UnlimitedLinkParty 127.

Sheltie Times said...

It's gotten easier over time with some ergonomic hooks that have larger handles. I still prefer yarn to thread but it isn't the panic it used to be when I thought about making clothes for the smaller dolls.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers