Monday, August 14, 2023

Next To You Prayer Shawl



This is a free Lion Brand pattern designed to promote their Coboo yarn. You can find the pattern here.

I love the softness of the Coboo yarn and the texture of the shawl is beautiful despite my lack of photography talents.

One challenge is a one typical of cotton yarns and that is that it splits constantly. I found myself working carefully to keep the yarn intact. However, seeing the person who received this wrap themselves in it and sink into it it was well worth the challenge of working around the splitting. In fact I've ordered enough yarn in lichen for a second one for someone who prefers green to the suggested lilac.



I didn't record the hook size on the pattern but I know I went up significantly and I've started the second one since my yarn arrived. When I settle on the hook size for it I will update this post and write it on the pattern as this seems to be a pattern I'd repeat again as it makes a light weight comforting shawl.



3 comments:

Kim Carberry said...

This is really pretty, I love the colour that you used.

Sum of their Stories said...

So beautiful, what a lovely think to make for someone.

Southern Sunflowers said...

The pattern stitches up so pretty and I like that shade of purple. Thanks for sharing at the #HomeMattersParty. Allyson @ Southern Sunflowers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers