Wednesday, August 16, 2023

16 Inch Baby Doll Sunny Day Doll Dress



I try to challenge myself each year with a project either from a book or a pattern I've downloaded but never actually made for the donation.

This is a now out of print free Coats and Clark 20 inch Baby doll pattern that I played with to try to get it to fit the JC 16 Inch Baby Doll. This doll tends to be a bit chubby so I was hopeful that the adaptation wouldn't be too difficult but it was much harder than I'd anticipated due to the structure of how the dress came together.

For those who might wish to find the pattern for a larger doll as it does seem to be out on the Internet in places the pattern is Coats and Clarks WC1651 Sunny Day Doll Dress and Headband designed by Joyce Nordstrom. It uses Aunt Lydia's Size 3 thread. I ended up moving to size 10 to get close to fitting the smaller doll.

I'm glad I acccepted the challenge of trying something new for the baby doll this year, but unless I adopt a bigger doll for the donation I don't see this pattern coming back out in the near future.



No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers