Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Lil Cutesies Valentine Dress



I had mentioned previously that I was going to continue with holiday outfits through February since the outfits are for a Christmas donation. Next up is the Lil Cutesies doll.

This is one of Char Caywood's patterns that you can purchase here.

Notes:

I used steel hooks 1.75mm and 1.5mm for this project.

The 1.75mm was used for everything but the shoes and in the future should also not be used for the hat. The 1.5 mm should be used for the shoes and hat. The hat is a little larger with the 1.75mm but for some reason I don't have any notes recorded. I changed that on the pattern after finishing the hat this year and am noting it here for future reference.

I use a snap closure rather than the ties for the back of the outfit. This year I also chose not to add the collar. The collar is cute but year after year I found it doesn't sit quite right for me and I can't imagine with a life time of little hands taking the outfit off and on it gets better. If it was to be a display doll I can see trying to get it just right but I was good when it was finished without this year.

I hope to finish this outfit for the Lots to Love 8 Inch doll so each will have a holiday outfit.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers