Monday, February 19, 2024

Stacie Top and Skirt



I'm always on the look out for free doll patterns, especially those that look like they'd be quick and easy to finish for the donation. It is rare to find patterns for Stacie let alone free ones so I was thrilled to find one that was not only free but looked like something I'd finish. I stumbled across the Tess and Annie blog which doesn't look like it has been updated in some time but it has some wonderful patterns for Barbie and this outfit for Stacie found here.

Notes:

I used the suggested 1.8mm thread hook and size 10 crochet thread for this project.

The top has what the designer calls polka dots made using lavender thread. This requires changing colors across dc to sc and I did try this but found my stitches were getting tight across the fabric changing the fit of the shirt as I continued. I eventually frogged my first effort and went with the solid purple shown here. The color effect is cute but it was far too frustrating for me.

I also changed the placement of the arm holes. I made them going forward rather than returning and going back to finish them. I tried both ways and was not pleased with the suggested method. I found making them going forward was a better option for me.

I joined the top at the bottom of the trim. In the future I would join before I started the trim on the bottom and then finish the edges before adding a snap to close the top of the top.

I found the skirt was a fairly tight fit so I started using the directions for row 6 after completing row 3 until I reached 54 stitches.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

That turned out so cute; even if the pattern wasn't the greatest.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers