Tuesday, February 13, 2024

My Life Valentine Dress



My current plan is to continue on with my Valentine theme through February in some form or another to try to get some holiday items finished for the donation. The nice part about these items is while Valentine's themed the items are good for year round wear.

This is one of Adoring Doll's patterns that can be purchased here.

Notes:

I used an I hook for most of this pattern.

In order to get the slip stitches in I added them slightly differently than the designer.

After row 1 return to the start of row 1 and complete a row of pink slip stitches finish off pink and continue on with white and row 2.

After row 2 I repeated above for second set of ss.

At the end of row 9 repeat this for ss that heart will sit on.

There are portions of text that can be challenging to read while working. I started marking the end of each row of text with a stitch marker. This just made it easy to go back to a section if I got interrupted, the count seemed off, etc. I've tried writing out the text in different ways over the years and this worked for getting through some of the longer sections.

I would use the heart from the Back to School pattern next time I make this pattern. The heart just came out better.

I finished off the back and neck with a row of sc adding a button hole for the dress.

Hat and shoes were made with I hook.

Sweater:

I hook

I added 2 sc rows to arms and finished them with a sc chain 3 skip on around

I finished complete edge of sweater in process of making suggested button hole I just preffered a finished look.



1 comment:

Stephanie said...

The outfit is adorable. And her little hat is super cute. Thank you for sharing with us at The Crazy Little Lovebirds link party #25.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers