Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Lots to Love 10 Inch Baby Doll Summer Dress



I discovered this pattern last year and it was a great outfit for the Lots to Love 10 Inch Baby doll. You can purchase the pattern here.

I've been fortunate to catch some shipping coupons from Herrschners as they sell some of my favorite yarns for the smaller baby dolls.

This outfit is made using their worsted 8 yarn. I've also bought their Worsted Baby, Baby, and Afghan yarn for my doll projects when I can get it on sale with a shipping coupon. It isn't my favorite for human projects but it works up well for doll projects. I can often find colors, especially in baby, that I can't get in traditional brands.

Notes:

I used an H hook for this project with the exception of the shoes where I used the suggested G hook.

In the future I would use the H for the Dress and panties and the G for the Hat and shoes.

I've been doing this more with patterns but when I started the skirt row, I marked the chain spaces. This just made finding them in the next row much easier for me. Also the shells alternate in row 5. I believe I missed this when I made the pattern previously. It didn't change the outfit in a big way but something to note for accuracy. I believe this is the only row I need to note for my next project.

I tend to finish the neck and back unless there is a reason not to regarless of pattern directions. Reminder to myself that this pattern has very good directions for finishing the neck on final page of dress directions. I almost missed them. I finished back on my own.

I made this with pink and yellow last year which I really liked. However, I've always had a fondness for the summer watermelon colors of pink and green. Both stick to the summer theme of the outfit. While I often reuse patterns from year to year it is fun to change it up a bit with color.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers