Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Glitter Girl Purple Dress



Adoring Doll Clothes has several patterns that are designed for both the 18 inch and the 14.5 inch dolls. While the Glitter Girl is listed at being 14 inches tall I've found that most of the patterns designed for the Wellie Wishers dolls seem to fit well. You can purchase this pattern here.

Notes:

The pattern is designed for summer white but I find keeping anything white clean that gets played with frequently is challenging. I use it as an accent color and I use it for the baby diapers but I rarely make a whole outfit in white just for this reason.

I'm not sure which brand of acrylic worsted this purple is as I pulled it from my left overs to be finished pile. It's a softer yarn so I'm thinking it may be I Love this Yarn but I would have no idea what color I'd be looking for if I wanted to make this again with this shade.

I used a G hook for the dress and an e hook for all the accessories.

For Row 2 of the dress I could only skip one stitch to get the count to come out correctly.

This was a nice quick project to make after the more detailed Cinderella dress I made for the My Life doll.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers