Monday, July 1, 2024

Lots to Love 8 Inch Baby Doll Summer Outfit



I've long been a fan of Amy Carrico's patterns for the baby dolls as they work up quickly making a nice wardrobe for the various sizes of dolls. Unfortunatly her shop has disappeared from Etsy and while some of her patterns appear to be for sale at Ravelry I haven't tried purchasing any there as there are none I hadn't previously bought when she had her store on Etsy. I didn't see this one listed in my brief search on Ravelry. Hopefully she will be selling her patterns more widely again as they are great outfits for the baby dolls.

This one is titled Summer Outfit should you do a search for it.

Notes:

I'm starting to really enjoy working with size 3 crochet thread.

This was made with Aunt Lydia's White and Warm Teal.

I've been disappointed that Aunt Lydia's and Red Heart seem to have decreased the available colors for their various thread sizes. I've also noticed they are much harder to locate locally. Oddly Hobby Lobby has size 10, 8, and 5 but no 3, which seemed strange to me. I have been buying other brands to get a broader base of colors but they tend to be pricier.

On to the pattern.

Top:

I started with a C hook for the top. It was too tight with the suggested B. However I shifted to a B hook in row 4 because as the increases occured the larger hook made the top way too large.

For the arms I did not add the increases in the suggested stitches as it made the sleeves into mini balloons and it didn't look great.

Shorts:

I used a C hook to get the shorts to fit and followed the pattern as written.

Headband:

I used a C hook to get the band to fit the head but the smaller b hook for the flower. The pearl buttons are from Joann's.

Shoes:

I used a C hook for the shoes. The t strap has to be played with to get it to work there is no easy way to get it to work.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers