Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Barbie Blue Party Dress



As I've mentioned in several blog posts I've been going through my doll pattern binders looking for some neglected patterns that might be something that would work for the 2024 donation. This comes from my collection of Annie's Fashion Doll Crochet Club patterns that I've been building over the years. This is from the Sundresses pattern FC20-02 for anyone who might be interested.

I secretly have a dream that I stumble across a complete binder of these patterns at a library used book sale or a church sale or some place with a price I could actually afford. I see them occasionally pop up online but far out of the reach of a price I'm willing to pay for items I donate. As much as I'd love to have a complete set, I'd much rather put the money towards buying dolls, accessories and the items I use to make the doll stuff to donate. I still hold out hope that at some point Annie's will release these patterns as digital patterns. It wouldn't be the same as finding the binder but I could find the ones I'm missing.



This outfit was made with Aunt Lydia's size 10 medium blue crochet thread and a 1.25 mm thread hook. For my own notes since I expect to return to this pattern again row 26 should be completed as written. It feels like the dress will be too small but it makes the back close correctly.

There are two main patterns in this leaflet and full length patterns included for each shorter dress. I hope to make all four dresses to include in the donation. This one worked up well so I'm thinking the longer version should work. We will see about the second dress. If the short version works up well I would be ready to make a longer dress to increase the wardrobe options for the donation dolls. I have multiple Barbie's leaving this year.

Tampa Doll's donation box included a box of doll shoes so I decided to include a pair with the party dress.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers