Monday, September 30, 2024

Glitter Girl Shorts, Shirt and Cap



This is one of Char's Wellie Wisher's patterns that I purchased recently here. I've found the Wellie Wishers patterns to be a good fit for the Glitter Girl doll without much need for adjustments.

This pattern calls for size 20 thread. For my own records so I know what I used and where to find it the Purple is Aunt Lydia's size 3 Fashion Crochet Thread in Purple. No idea where I purchased it but Aunt Lydias is a fairly common name so even for the odd size it has been easier to search and buy it online. I even occasionally find it locally. The Lizbeth is size 20 Scottish Thistle I found at Handy Hands. This is for my notes because I find something a specific fiber that suits a project and if it isn't from the place I normally shop I often forget where to go back for more.

This pattern has alterations to make different styles of this top, and versions of the shorts for capris and pants. It was one of the selling points of buying this pattern as I've struggled with separate options for the Glitter Girl. Most of the patterns I have for her are dresses. This widens my options for mix and match outfits.

I used the suggested e hook for this project. I might think about making the shoes with a D as they were slightly big. It is worth an experiment to see if I can get a better fit.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers