Thursday, September 26, 2024

Stacie Coat and Hat



Stacie won my guage doesn't match the pattern designers lottery this week and ended up with an outfit I'd been trying to make for Chelsea. It's no great loss as with adjustments I think I can make this for Chelsea and now I have a pattern that will work for Stacie since there are so few patterns that are designed specifically for her.

This is a Petite Creative Designs pattern that can be purchased here.

The pattern calls for size 10 cotton thread and a 1.75mm thread hook. I used a 1.8mm hook. I'm thinking of going down significantly for Chelsea or perhaps if necessary switching to size 20 thread.

I followed the coat pattern as written with the exception of the arms. Stacie has one bent arm and this makes the coat sleeves two different sizes. I made the straight arm first and when I tried to make the second arm the same length it was too long for the bent arm. I pulled out some rows and crocheted it to a length that fits the arm as bent. Off the doll it is clear the arms are different sizes but it fits the doll.

This Stacie has a good size bun for this style of hat. In order to accomadate the hat I left the last 6 stitches unworked as I got to the section where her bun interfered with the hat sitting on the head. I then chained 6 and joined to the start of the hat row. As I continued I crocheted into the chain rows and continued around. This allows the hair to go through the hole.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers